These lessons are optimized for web viewing and therefore may not have adequate resolution for quality printing. The LPES Curriculum CD available from MWPS contains all lessons at print quality resolution, is searchable, and includes an index and PowerPoint presentations for each lesson. A full, printed version is available as is a 2-CD set of the lessons in PageMaker format. For more information or to purchase LPES materials, contact MWPS by phone at 1-800-562-3618, by fax at 1-515-294-9589, or by e-mail at email@example.com For prices and to order on line just click on the Order Products button.
Lesson 51: Mortality Management -Don Stettler
The participants will
* Explain why timely management of mortality is important.
* List the different methods for managing mortality.
* List the advantages and disadvantages of different methods for managing mortality.
* Explain conceptually the sizing of mortality composting facilities.
5. Sanitary Landfills
7. Disposal Pits
8. Regulatory Compliance Issues
9. Appendix A. Environmental Stewardship Assessment: Mortality Management
10. Appendix B. Regulatory Compliance Assessment: Mortality Management
11. Appendix C. Poultry and Livestock Mortality Rates
12. Appendix D. Worksheet for Determining Compost Bin or Windrow Volume Requirements
The participants will estimate. Please have a look to this Website: http://www.muecken.org/
* Composter bin volume requirements.
* The size of a manure storage facility.
« previous pageLes Plans
Curriculum Lessons Module A. Introduction 1. Principles of Environmental Stewardship 2. Whole Farm Nutrient Planning *Sample PowerPoint presentation for Lesson 2 The LPES CD contains 26 PowerPoint presentations with speaker notes. For more information and to order this CD or other LPE...
No trackbacks yet.
Posts with similar tags
No post with similar tags yet.
Posts in similar categories
No post with similar categories yet.