Module A. Introduction
1. Principles of Environmental Stewardship
2. Whole Farm Nutrient Planning
*Sample PowerPoint presentation for Lesson 2
The LPES CD contains 26 PowerPoint presentations with speaker notes. For more information and to order this CD or other LPES materials click on the Order LPES Materials button.
Module B. Animal Dietary Strategies
10. Reducing the Nutrient Excretion and Odor of Pigs Through Nutritional Means
11. Using Dietary and Management Strategies to Reduce the Nutrient Excretion of Poultry
12. Feeding Dairy Cows to Reduce Nutrient Excretion
13. Using Dietary Strategies to Reduce the Nutrient Excretion of Feedlot Cattle
Module C. Manure Storage and Treatment
20. Planning and Evaluation of Manure Storage
21. Sizing Manure Storage, Typical Nutrient Characteristics
22. Open Lot Runoff Management Options
23. Manure Storage Construction and Safety, New Facility Considerations
24. Operation and Maintenance of Manure Storage Facilities
25. Manure Treatment Options
Module D. Land Application and Nutrient Management
30. Soil Utilization of Manure
31. Manure Utilization Plans
32. Land Application Best Management Practices
33. Selecting Land Application Sites
34.Agricultural Phosphorus Management: Protecting Production and Water Quality
35. Land Application Records and Sampling
36. Land Application Equipment
Module E. Outdoor Air Quality
40. Emission from Animal Production Systems
41. Emission Control Strategies for Building Sources
42. Controlling Dust and Odor from Open Lot Livestock Facilities
43. Emission Control Strategies for Manure Storage Facilities
44. Emission Control Strategies for Land Application
Module F. Related Issues
50. Emergency Action Plans
51. Mortality Management
« previous pageMission
About the LPES Curriculum Mission The Livestock and Poultry Environmental Stewardship (LPES) project will deliver a national curriculum and supporting educational tools to U.S. livestock and poultry industry advisors, who in turn, will help producers acquire certification and/or achieve environm...
next page »Mortality-Management
These lessons are optimized for web viewing and therefore may not have adequate resolution for quality printing. The LPES Curriculum CD available from MWPS contains all lessons at print quality resolution, is searchable, and includes an index and PowerPoint presentations for each lesson. A full, pri...
No trackbacks yet.
Posts with similar tags
No post with similar tags yet.
Posts in similar categories
No post with similar categories yet.